CWS provides many different vegetation services including installation of containerized plants, ball & burlap trees, bare root seedlings, and bioengineering material, invasive plant monitoring and control, and vegetation monitoring on completed projects. Our crews are knowledgeable and experienced in planting methods and treatment/removal of invasive plant species. We lower plant installation costs by producing and harvesting our own plant material. Our consulting team is committed to providing planting plans that fit our client’s needs.
CWS, Inc. is certified as both an SBE and WBE through the Landscape Contractor State HUB Office. We are also licensed commercial pesticide applicators and a licensed NC Landscape Contractor.
- Wetland Plugs, Containerized Shrubs and Trees, B&B Trees; Bare Root Seedlings; Sod
- Plant installation on stream restoration projects, BMP Plantings, and other landscape plantings
Planting Plans and Design Assistance
- Sensible designs to fit client’s needs while keeping costs low
Invasive Plant Management
- We use aquatic-safe herbicides on all of our projects
- Foliar treatment of English Ivy, Kudzu, Johnson Grass, Japanese Honeysuckle, and other invasive species
- Cut-stump treatments of Chinese Privet, Autumn Olive, Porcelainberry, and other woody invasive species
- Mechanical removal of invasive species where necessary
- Monitoring of vegetation after completion of projects to determine success of plantings and maintain compliance with project goals and state and city regulations
- Invasive species monitoring
CWS is certified as both an SBE and WBE through the NC State HUB Office. Additionally, we are licensed commercial pesticide applicators and a licensed NC Landscape Contractor.